Sometimes I feel like I have so much to say that blogging is point form is the easiest. I’m not sure why I/others don’t do it more often.
I promised a rundown of the important events of the weekend so here goes:
* Saturday actually didn’t prove to be very interesting. We had planned to go visit Kananaskis, AB on Saturday. The drive there is suppose to be beautiful and we haven’t been yet. Kananaskis Country is about and hour and 20 mins from Calgary and it has 5 provincial parks including 4 wildland provincial park and one ecological reserve. It also has several recreation areas, Canmore Nordic Centre, as well as many hiking and biking trails.
Just looking at the pictures makes me excited for summer! Anyways, we were about 30 mins outside of the city when we hit a huge snowstorm. The roads were getting bad so we had to turn around and head back home. I was a little disappointed but my dad and stepmom are coming up in a month and we are spending the long weekend there with them along with my stepbrother, his wife and my niece and nephew. Hopefully, it will be beautiful by then.
* The rest of Saturday ended up being a errand type of day. We spent most of the time picking up items at IKEA and Costco.
* I picked up a new book on Sunday. Porta de Rossi’s ‘Unbearable Lightness’. I really wanted to read it after seeing her on Oprah and Ellen but they completely forgot about it. I found the book for 8 dollars at Chapters and picked it up. So far I’m really loving it.
* We also picked up two of Gordan Ramsey’s Cooking books. There are now so many delicious and healthy recipes I can’t wait to try.
* Finally, did anyone else watch HBO’s new show ‘Game of Thrones’ on Sunday night? I love HBO but I wasn’t really sure about this new show. The husband really wanted to see it so I agreed. It was actually much better then I expected and I’ll definitely keep watching for the next few weeks to see how it goes.
Have you commented on my new twitter name? I’d love some input.
Also, were you right about what I did Friday night? Here’s my recap.