If you missed yesterday’s post you can check it out here.
This week the husband is away so I am single for the next 5 days and with the lack of meat and other manly purchases at the grocery store I thought it would be fun to share with you what I purchased yesterday.
- A huge container of blueberries
A little hard to see with all the bags but the pictures shows:
- Red Pepper
- Baby Grape Tomatoes
- Bok Choy
- Red Beets (with their greens still on them)
Random Fridge Items:
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Pineapple Yogurt (I’ve been looking for this ever since Jaime mentioned it on her blog a few weeks ago)
- Earth Balance
- Goat Cheese
- Cranberry Goat Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Whole Wheat English Muffins
- Multigrain Bagel Thins
- Rice Noodles
- Chocolate Chips
- Cocoa Powder
- Canola Oil
- Rolled Oats
- Sliced Almonds
Random Cupboard Items:
- Can of Diced Tomatoes
- Dried Cherries (I usually buy dried cranberries for granola bars but when I saw these at Costco I just couldn’t resist)
- Light Coconut Milk
- Nutritional Yeast (I’ve never tired this before but have heard so many good things about it I thought I’d give it a shot)
That’s it. Since the husband is away I thought I’d pick up a few things I’ve been wanted for baking and such (cocoa powder, canola oil, etc) but hadn’t had a chance to get them.
I also wanted to share my dinner from last night. This is a MUST MAKE! It is so good.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
I got this from Emily a few weeks ago and this is probably the third time I’ve made it. Honestly it’s that good. I follow her recipe exactly except I leave out the olives (since I’m not an olive fan). Last night I also topped it with a little feta.
Go make this now!!
And make sure to make extras. I think it’s even better cold the next day.